Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Monday, August 29, 2016

A tale of two messages- Part II

There are some ugly things in my life and I have shared many of them, but one thing I don't like to talk about are the things I fall short with the things that I truly cannot control.  I like most people have a vice, its probably even an addiction and it stems from my need to control and my inability to find comfort from a healthy place.  I have battled with this my whole life.  Some of you are going to think that it is ridiculous when I tell you what it is, that its not a real addiction and some of you will nod your heads knowing exactly what I mean.  Its FOOD.  It consume so much of my time of my thoughts and my life.  I let it control me.  I obsess over it, I worry over it, I think of it constantly.  This is a battle I have yo-yoed with my whole life sometimes doing better and sometimes worse.  I realized something today.  My first problem is I never really realized how much of my life it takes over, or how much joy it takes from me.  I am not worried about my physical weight, even though I think we would all like to be thinner.  This about my heart and my soul and the weight that I would like to lift off of them.  I have been trying to fight this battle by myself my whole life and thats why the victory has never taken hold.  I realized this morning if I can give this battle up to God and let him fight it for me, then I can truly be victorious.  Maybe my two post from this morning have a lot more in common than I thought its all about giving up and giving it to God, and you can only do that once some of your faith has been restored.  Even with Gods help this will not be any easy fight, to break habits that have lasted a lifetime, but He can handle it.  Maybe now I can truly find comfort in the places that He intended.  In Him.  Its time for me to let him be strong and for me to give up control.  I have spent so long in life feeling like I was the one who had to be strong because no one else was going to do it, and I was wrong.  Its His turn.  Today its easy and some days it won't be, but you have to start somewhere, and He will give me His strength.  And His has always been so much greater than mine anyway.  ITs time to stop hiding the ugly, so HE can fix it and fix me.

No comments:

Post a Comment