Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Friday, September 2, 2016

Self-doubt and Self-worth

Sometimes the only thing that you can do about something is admit that it is there.  I have some serious issues with self-doubt and self-worth.  My self-esteem has been a struggle for as long as I can remember.  I feel like I am not a good enough mother, or wife, or teacher, or christian, or friend, or sister, or daughter, or anything.  During the bad times you always dwell on the worst moments like dodging your dads phone calls in the weeks before he died or when I just refuse to play with my children because I just can't do it.  At some time you reach a point where these are the only thoughts circling in your head.  There is just not enough of me to give to my students, my beta club kids, and my kids.  There is virtually nothing left to give to my husband and heaven forbid giving something to myself.  Its not that I am doubting all of my abilities I just feel like I am one of those people who can do a little bit of a lot of things, but isn't particularly good at any of them.  As unorganized as I seem I can keep up with all the service hours for about 150 kids, I can bake cupcakes from scratch, and I can make my little ones quit crying when no one else can.  But I feel like there is supposed to be something bigger out there like I am missing that one thing that I am actually good at.  That maybe I am just not listening when God is telling me what I'm really supposed to be doing.  I love teaching most of the time and I LOVE my kids, I get over 100 new babies every year, but am I even any good at it?  With my master degree in general psychology I can tell you all about how much of my self worth issues item from the abandonment that I felt from my dad for years after my parents split up.  I could tell you about the damage that can be done to a child when they have to mature too fast or deal with too many adult issues before they are ready.  Some days I can tell you through my renewed faith about God's plan for me and that all the skills that I have and the amount of His plan that I know is exactly the way that he wants it to be.  But I'm just not so sure that today is one of those days.  Intellectually I can tell you a lot of things, but some days that just can't change the way that you feel.  I know that I am just worn down.  There is a great deal going on right now emotionally, physically, financially, socially, and spiritually.  Sometimes its just too much to handle at one time.  I know that tomorrow will be a better day and maybe I will be able to share some of this burden so that I don't have to try to do it alone.  And I know that it is futile to even think that I can do it myself, but like I said theres what I know and then theres what I feel.  Tomorrow they may reconcile, but not today.  Not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment