Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Broken pieces let Him shine

I don't know about you, but every time I feel like I am getting somewhere and making some progress, its like something knocks you back.

You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are–Max Lucado

Wow I really hope this is true because I just don't feel like I'm doing a great job right now.  My girls are my world and I love them dearly.  I also know that 3 is a hard age and it is not just my child.  I feel like I have no patience left for her.  I feel like I am not being the mother that I need to be for her.  Anyone with anxiety or depression knows about your battling brain.  One side of my brain knows that I am being ridiculous and too hard on myself.  If I am not a little hard on her she will never learn.  The other side of my brain the one that is being ruled on my anxiety wonders what kind of a mother I must be to not be able to have patience for my own baby girl.  It wonders what must be wrong with me.  

2Corinthians  12: 9-10
But he said to me. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.

This reminds of something that i read in one of my devotionals.  We are like a pot and the more cracks and the more broken that we are the more that allows Jesus the chance to shine from within us.  So I may be weak and I may be struggling, but the more I struggle and the more that I continue to move on and try again with God's strength then more I give God the opportunity to shine through all the things that I cannot do myself. If it was through my own efforts I don't know if I would have the strength, but the point is I don't have to.  So through His strength I will go and look at my sleeping children and not be able to keep myself from smiling at their beauty and the blessings that have been bestowed upon me, no matter what they act like when they are awake.  Then I will thank God and ask him to give me His strength to get through tomorrow.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment