Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Work in Progress

I am a work in progress, but Go'd makes sure to let me know that I am progressing.  Today has not been a particularly challenging day just normal and sometimes that makes you weary.  My days start bright and early (5:17 is when my oldest got up this morning).  Then I made pancakes, washed dishes, and tried to clean the house before my husband had to leave for football.  I took some time to look up some new ideas for my classroom.  Made lunch played my youngest down.  When they woke up we had to drive to a nearby town to buy shoes for my oldest where my sister met me.  We got dinner to take home then come home had dinner, tried on all the new shoes, cleaned up super and got the girls in bed.   Then is my time.God has this way of giving you exactly what you need when you need it.  On the way home from our shoe expedition I heard a beautiful song on the radio that spoke straight to my heart.  "Eye of the Storm" by Ryan Stevenson.  There is a line at the beginning that talks about when everything is going wrong and gets crazy you hear the rain and it reminds you that God is in control.  I love the rain it is so therapeutic and peaceful.  I constantly need to be reminded that God is in control and I should qui worrying about it.  (Much easier said than done),  It is so easy for me to get caught up in the stress and the bustle that is my beautiful and messy life.  I have to make sure that I take time for myself everyday to recharge and get perspective, so that I don't end up forgetting all of that.
God has his gentle way of reminding me that I am doing this and that I can do this because of him.  Sometimes its a song on the radio at the right time.  Sometimes it is a well timed hug or unprovoked declaration of love for your children.  Sometimes its how excited my husband is to talk to me at 2AM after he gets home from a football game.  Sometimes its seeing my girls play with one of the toys my daddy so lovingly picked out.  There is a lot of beauty in this mess if I don't get too caught up to see it.  And God has had a lot to say to me lately maybe I can start listening a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment