Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Thursday, August 11, 2016

I am Struggling

I really am.  I am struggling this week.  This is always a particularly challenging week for me, the one when teachers start back to work and its a mad dash to try and get ready for the kids next week.  I feel like there are so many changes.  (They are some really good ones that I am excited about.) I just feel like I am not ready and it is going to take a miracle to be ready by Monday.  I also am getting the feeling that this is going to be a particularly challenging year for me because so much is going to be new and different and it needs to be.  I need to be so that I can be better, but oh is that daunting.  I feel like I have not come far enough in my journey to be ready for all this, because the crazy changes at school are only the tip of the iceberg.
My girls are both in the midst of a growth spurt and their routine has changed with them going back to full time daycare this week.  Anyone else who has had or dealt with small children know what happens when their routine gets disrupted.    I feel like financially its always just one thing right after the other and just never can catch up.  Add to that football season is in full swing so there goes my husband.  I still feel like I am relatively new at this church thing and am trying my best there.  I also am trying, maybe not very well, to make some real life connections with some other mommas so that I can have some more support and not have to feel so alone sometimes.   Not to mention that there is always something crazy going on with my family.  And lets not even talk about my house.
I have told people that this week I feel like I am treading water, but I just can't get anywhere.  I am being pulled in so many directions that I can't make any head way in any of them, or at least that's how I feel.
I haven't lost my hope completely I know that better and easier days are coming and I also know that these days where I am struggling and pulling my hair out are going to make me a better person, a stronger christian, a better mom, a better teacher, and even a better wife.  Sometimes all you can focus on is just sticking it out and having faith that this is part of God's plan and it's happening for a reason even if I don't know what it is.
So perseverance is my goal, at least for today, maybe when I make it through this day I can be on the a better day and a better goal.  This is my goal - Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Galatians 6:9    Doing good is not always easy and He never said it would be, but He did say don't give up.  So I am taking it one day at a time and I haven't given up yet.  And I am hoping and praying for a better and more encouraging tomorrow, and if not that I can find the strength in Him to not give up for one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment