Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Monday, August 29, 2016

A tale of messages- Part I

There are two things lying very heavily on my heart this morning and I am hoping that I get the chance to get them both out.  Sometimes it take the hard times in order to be able to realize the good. This past week has been a very big challenge for me.  We are in the full swing of football season so that means my husband is home on a very limited basis and I have had a sick child this week.  I ended up missing two days of work and leaving work early once all in the second week of school.  That is what it is.  It leaves me feeling frazzled as I am trying to do my best to keep up with my school work, but my kids come first.  The culminating event in this week was when I had to take my baby girl to the emergency room at about 3AM Friday morning.  This was particularly trying because at 6 months old my baby ended up being put in the hospital for 5 days, so that experience was very fresh on my mind that morning as I watched my daughter struggle to breathe.  The whole way to the hospital in the car I prayed (and thats a big step for me, that thats what I went to first).  I am a worrier and I like to be in control.  I like to do.  I like to feel like I can fix everything, but I can't.  I did not realize until this morning when I read the blog post of a friend what all this meant.  Not to say that I was not stressed or worried that morning.  I am a mom and she is my baby girl.  And most of all I am human and I do struggle.  But the fact that I could pray about it and I knew that God was going to take care of it so that I could stop trying was a big step for me.  When I read a post about restoration I realized something.  Some of my faith that I lost along the way through the hard times and the experiences that I have been through has been restored.  If that faith had not been restored, at least a little, then I would not have been able to trust God in that situation, in a way that I have not for a long time.  Sometimes you don't see these things until a friend unknowingly points them out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment