Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Oh What a Day, But Don't Worry

This has just been one of those days.  It started with my child being a terror and I am currently listening to her still being a terror in her room right now.  Once you have to send your 3 year old to room before you even leave the house at 7 AM, it is just hard to come back from that.  Add to that that today was the last day that I had while the girls were at daycare before school starts back and my husband hasn't been here since Sunday.  I am stressed.

Don't get me wrong there have been some serious bright spots.  I love listening to my girls playing with each other.  Quinn said her first nighttime prayer all by herself thanking Jesus fro her babies of course.  Then when Rorey didn't want to stay in her bed Quinn came in her room and wanted to sing her a song so we sang Jesus loves me.  Granted after that I think Quinn herself has been up 5 times since she went to bed and she just now stopped crying because I told her I was done tucking her in.

With football season starting, a new school year starting, all the difficulties that come with a 3 year old and a 1 year old, and then what seems to be a constant strain on our finances I am stressed and I cannot help but worry.  I have always been a worrier due to my anxious personality.  Tonight my devotional and her suggested scripture spoke straight to my tired and stressed out heart.
Psalm 91
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield rampart. (verse 4)
"Because he loves me,"says the Lord, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 
 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. (verses 14 & 15)
Its so much easier said than done not to worry, but how beautiful of a thought is it that He is taking me up under his wing and shielding me because I have called on Him.  In my devotional tonight she talked about how she would recite this chapter old loud at night when she was home alone with her children reminding her not to be afraid.  Maybe this can be a new mantra in my life while I try not to let my worry and my anxiety control my life, because I only have to ask and God will take me under his wing and give me refuge from whatever is going on in my life.  Now to put it into practice, we'll see how that goes in the next couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment