Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed and I am fighting frustration, I am not ashamed to say that frustration has won a couple of times today, maybe even more than that.  I just feel like I am going going going and there is no stop and the amount of other things that I feel like I should be doing right now instead of this is just daunting.  My day started the first time at 1 AM this morning when I hit my husband and made him go check on and put the daughter back to bed who was screaming.  Then they both woke up at 5:36 this morning.  We had to get ready and be out the door early this morning so that I had time to get gas on the way to drop the girls off and then run to the store for a necessity on the way to work (all because I forgot my wallet on Monday).  Then I had to go to work.  Where I had to get ready for my day where honestly I was under prepared.  Then I had my weekly meeting with the other bio teachers.  When they left I had to work on the agenda that I had to have finished for the Beta club meeting after school tomorrow.  Because I was feeling overwhelmed already and because the children were particularly froggy (plus we had an assembly today, which throws off routine) After school we had a staff meeting for this class that we are doing that lasted until  5 then I had to go grab supper for the girls and I that we ate in the car to Quinn's 5:45 dance class that lasts until 6:30 where I had to keep my one year old entertained in the lobby.  After that we run home to put the girls to bed and here I am now.  There is no end in sight.  Tomorrow is another late night, but at least its church, which is helpful.  Then Thursday we have to work until 7 for parent conferences.  At least I get off work early so that I can run errands before I pick up my girls and then not have my husband come home until way late so that we can get up early and drive to where ever we are going.  I feel like I have no time for myself and I have no time or kids and I know that some of this busy is leading to my frustration.  This doesn't include any of my housework the classwork and homework that I now have to turn in.  I feel like I just need one more thing to happen.  My basket is so full right now I am going to start losing eggs in a minute.  I read a devotional that says that God doesn't want us to be so busy that he wants us to enjoy our lives and live for Him, but when so much of this is work related I just don't know how to downsize my commitments and responsibilities.
I know that I am not doing this alone and I try to take some comfort from this verse  Matthew 11:28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  But right now I am not feeling very comforted.  I am trying so hard to change my perspective, because I have learned lately that that is so important and that God only puts us in these situations for a reason.  But that is so much easier to do in hindsight rather than when you are in the middle of these times.  At this point I just really don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment