Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sometimes it's just about being where God puts you.

Sometimes it's just about being where God puts you.  My job is hard.  So hard.  I get my students right at the time of their lives where hormones are raging, they are trying to figure out who they are and who they want to be, and they are having some of the most important moments of their lives.  Sometimes this is the best job and sometimes it's the worst.  I'm not talking about how overwhelmed I am by extra duties or by my job being dictated by bureaucrats who were either never in the classroom or have just managed to forget.  This job is emotionally draining.  My students are high emotions all the time that's just the way that teenagers are.  Sometimes they are the normal kind and sometimes these children have so much to bear.  Some of these babies fight battles that I feel like I never could have survived at their age,
Sometimes I feel like I am spinning my wheels, like I may not be very good at my job.  You know all those things that you start thinking when times are hard and sometimes things feel hard more often than they don't.  However, sometimes you know that you are exactly where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there.  Those are the moments that make the hard times of this job worth it.
These moments also let me hear God speaking to me.  I have questioned my choice of occupation a lot recently in these hard times.  When moments like this happen, when a student takes me in to their confidence and I am able to help them.  I hear God whispering to me that He has me exactly where I am supposed to be and that's a beautiful feeling.  It makes some of the other days a little easier to get through.  We just can't give up until we get to those moments.
Sometimes it's just about being where God put you.

No comments:

Post a Comment