Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

When Jesus calls you by name

In church this Sunday the pastor was talking to us about the power of a name and when Jesus calls you by name.  He asked us to remember when we heard Jesus call us by name.  I am a little hard headed and I got a little lost so I can remember Jesus calling me by name twice.
The first time seems so special even when I think back to it.  I was probably in third grade.  I was at Awanas.  We were having our message and I don't remember what it was about, but I do remember the feeling.  I remember that deep faith and the urgent prayers that only a child can prayer.  There is something so easy and so beautiful about the faith of a child.  My life was in such upheaval at that time, but when I think back to that moment when Jesus was calling out to me by name I remember praying so fervently and hoping so fiercely that Jesus wouldn't think that I was too young to make this decision (because I had so many people in my life at that time telling me I was too young to make decisions).  Then I remember the sweet tears of joy leaking out of my eyes as I felt so loved and so steady in a time where that was in short supply.
One thing that I wish now is that faith was as easy now as it was when I was a child.  The second time that Jesus called me by name was many years later actually it was this past year.  Last May my family and I started going to church after being invited by some friends our ours.  My husband and I had been talking about trying to find a church home for years at least for our girls and never did.  Then we decided to go that day.  That was not the day that he called me, but we went and the people were wonderful.  Not to lie I did feel a little tug, but thats not the same.  Weeks or maybe months later I'm not certain, but sitting in those pews the preacher started preaching and there it was Jesus was calling my name and I knew I was exactly where I was supposed to be.  Again I don't really remember exactly what the message was about, but I remember that feeling.  It was similar to the first time, but so different all at the same time.  I had lost a great deal of innocence and gained much more baggage since that day so many years earlier, but that doesn't mean that I didn't feel His presence wash over me.
I have good days and bad days.  Some days I feel like I am taking one step forward and two steps back, but I am still trying to answer that call.  Now I guess I will just have to wait and see what God does with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment