Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Fog of Motherhood or Life

I feel like I have been walking around in such a fog.  I have no idea which way is up, but down is always real easy to find.  This fog is interrupted by brief periods of technicolor splendor or terror.  Football season is dragging on.  This week the boys will play for the lower state championship and one way or another it will be over soon.  I, just like most teachers, am trying to cram in one more unit before the holidays and midterms despite the fact that all my children think that we should be doing are fun holiday activities.  And motherhood is just hard enough by itself, but we are trying to prep for Christmas and all the other holiday activities, along with two grumpy children; its been super fun.  I actually stuck my head into the bathroom the other day and told my husband if he did not hurry up he may not have to children when he did come out.  Don't get me wrong I love my girls, but FRUSTRATION is at an all time high in my house.  Particularly this morning.  My youngest does not feel well she has snot and is cutting two teeth.  So after she got up this morning she followed me around the house screaming at me, wait a minute that is what she did off and on after we got home from school yesterday.  I am not sure why, but this has been a particularly trying year.  I'm sure the combination of more duties than ever at work, an extended football season, and having a 1 and 3 year old at home have nothing to do with it.  What I do know is that it may not be pretty, but I will get through it.  And I keep trying to remind myself to savor the sweet times.  Like Sunday morning they may have made me get up at 5:30 but then Rorey wanted to snuggle with me and sleep in my lap for 2 hours.  Quinn and Rorey's faces the first time that they saw the Christmas tree this year.  This too shall pass and it will be bittersweet.  I know that it will pass sooner than I would like.  my baby girl is already getting so grown up and when did 3 become so grown?  Just holding out for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment