Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Today I choose to be THANKFUL

Today I am choosing to have faith.  Faith that God is putting me through the trials that he is putting me through so that I can turn into a vessel that he can use.  Today I am choosing to be thankful.  I don't know if it is the season or if God is doing some serious work in my heart, but today I choose to be thankful.  There are so many blessings in my life that sometimes I am too caught up to notice. I am thankful for a God who spends so much time on each one of us even when we feel unworthy.  I am thankful for a God who loves me even when I behave like a petulant child, just like the Israelites. I am thankful for my two little fireballs.  Those girls are my world.  They are beautiful and smart, loving and oh so spunky.  Even before I found my way back God blessed me with those two wonderfully infuriating bundles of joy.  I ma thankful for sweet morning cuddles from the same child who has gotten poop on me the last two days in a row.  I am thankful for my husband who I love dearly and I know that no one else could ever love me or even put up with me the way that he does and has for almost 14 years now.  I am thankful that he has a job that he loves so much and brings him so much joy even when the long hours start to make me particularly crazy around this time of the year.  I am thankful for my house that is dirty and could use some work but I love it.  I am thankful for my car that due to my father in law is running better and hopefully will not leave me and my girls stranded.  I am thankful for budding friendships.  I am thankful for the other moms in my life who are walking a path so similar to mine and the comfort they bring me because of that.  I am thankful for a church family who has adopted us so fully in such a short period of time.  I am thankful for family and friends.  I am thankful for a job that some days I don't want to go to but where everyday I have to opportunity to touch the life of a child.  I am thankful for the kitchen full of food for me to cook for my family on Thanksgiving.  Honestly not much has changed in my life in the past week, but today I choose to be thankful and in the words of the Berenstain Bears to count my blessings.  God has blessed me so mightily and this morning I will have faith in Him because He is my King and He can handle it, I just have to let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment