Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Monday, October 10, 2016

Heart broken but Thankful

In the wake of Hurricane Matthew my heart breaks for our little city and I know that we have it better than most.  And particularly my family has it better than most.  I live in a small All-American City in South Carolina.  After abut 32 hours with no power yesterday evening our power was restored.  I am so thankful.
      2 Corinthians 4:15-16 ; All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
    Our property damage is almost nonexistent we have water and power in my home.  We are all safe.  Even my close family that still has no power are still safe.  Driving through our little town there is so much damage.  Our traffic lights still have no power neither does most of our town.  There are giant beautiful historic trees down everywhere, but we have still faired so well.  In the next town over there is still significant standing water in places they are having problems restoring power and water pressure is a problem due to water main breaks.  While I am thankful for my situation I am so worried about so many of our neighbors.  There are people that have been 60-70+ hours with no power and we were not ready.  My heart breaks for some of my students as I wonder if they have anything at all to eat.  Are they safe?  Do their families have the money or the insurance or can they get the assistance to repair the damages that have been done.
    God has a plan for us, something beautiful that is going to come out of all of this.  We just don't know what that is yet.  I know that it is a lot easier to say that sitting in my air conditioned house with hot water and a fridge full of food.  But that doesn't make it any less true.  I say a prayer for all my friends. relatives, and neighbors not as fortunate as us.  There are so many here in need my heart hurts for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment