Super Girls

Super Girls
These are my two beautiful girls 1 and 3

Thursday, October 26, 2017

This Chapter

Today is my husbands last JV game in his first year as the head coach and I don't know that he has any idea how proud I am of him.  At 15 I didn't really have any idea about what kind of man he would become.  I never would have imagined that 15 years later we would still be us and have these wonderful lives together.  I also had no idea about the many ways that he would touch people's lives and the influence he would have.  I am so thankful that he is here to give our girls the same love and guidance, maybe a little more delicately that he gives his boys and his students.  He is such a caring and dedicated man.  I know that this has been a challenging experience for him.  I know there have been some long nights spent wondering what more he could do and what else he could try to make them better.  The way that he is concerned not only with the game but the character of the young men in his care.  The tenderness he shows as he draws the hard line and as he cares for these boys on and off the field is astounding.  I don't care about the record they come away from this season with.  What I do care about is, that even though the long hours drive me nuts, he is becoming a better man.  These boys make him better.  Our girls make him better.  When we were kids and first started dating I knew he was a good guy, but I didn't the man he would become now and I wouldn't change a minute of it.  He balances me out and partners with me in the trenches of the preschool and toddler years.  This man makes my life bearable.  He will touch lives and I'm just waiting to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment